Friday, September 12, 2008

Bien Trucha: Geneva, IL


Service: 4
Food Presentation: 5
Ambiance: 4
Tastiness: 4
Overall: 4

This is the type of place that you would walk right by and either not notice it was there at all or think it was a total dive. However, once you step inside, you are pleasantly surprised by its quaint charm. There are only 14 seats inside so if you are planning a lunch outing, I suggest you go a little early. I am a very picky eater so I ordered safely and went with the Pollo, chicken in a crispy taco smothered in cheese and sauce. I'm glad I did because it was delicious! I also loved the fact that they served chips before the meal with a spicy bean dip instead of salsa, it was excellent. It would have been nice to get a refill on the chips however, there were 4 of us and we were hungry! Another nice touch was that they served chilled water out of old wine bottles. It looked nice at the table and the waiter kept our glasses full from beginning to end.

I would absolutely go back and would suggest this place to anyone who is looking for good authentic Mexican food at a reasonable price. They are located on Rt. 38 in Geneva right past the Urban Grill on your left headed west.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Now I'm craving bean dip. Mmmmm - mexican!