Monday, September 22, 2008

Town House Books


Service: 5
Presentation: 4
Ambiance:4
Overall: 4

Town House was a nice little spot in St. Chuck (Charles), it's like a mom and pop version of borders, you can go have nice meal or beverage and read a book or just go meet up with some friends, a group of people that like to go and check new local restaurants perhaps.
I didn't think much of the inside, regular tables and chairs. We decided to eat outside becuase it was a beutiful day and we wanted to enjoy it. As soon as we walked outside I was impressed, the floor was paved with bricks, the tables were wrought iron nothing special but I just liked the look and feel of it, I also liked that there was a tree, that you can tell has been there for quite some time, growing right in the middle of their patio, watch out for falling fruit by the way.


I again to drink ordered lemonade, I don't think it was anything special, it tasted like country time, not sure if that is what it was or wasn't but I was impressed that the plastic cups they used were Greenware cups, way to be green. Alright, on to what I ate, I ordered the Roasted pork sandwich with chips, actual chips not fries like I thought for some reason, and the crab bisque soup. Now I'm not good with being very descriptive with the food I eat so I will just let you know if I liked it or not and what all it consisted of. The crab bisque was good, I have never had it before and really enjoyed it, it did have a kick to it but I enjoyed it. The roasted pork sandwich came on toasted raisin bread and consisted of pork, obviously, some slices of granny smith apples, red onions and swiss cheese. I had to scrape the onions off because I don't like onions but I do like the flavor they add. I really enjoyed this sandwich, the taste of the mustard grilled pork with the granny smith apples was wonderful and the bread just helped bring it all together. I spent about $15, including tip. I do recomemd going there and checking it out, maybe on a date, it should be a good time. Oh Also beware of the Cougs on the prowl and Thanks to James Crowley for hooking it up with the desserts.


Flavz

No comments: